Tuesday, August 03, 2010

What? Where have I been?

I guess it has been a while since the last post.  That is the beauty of life, you can pick up and start where you left off.

Back in the spring I promised my mom that I would help her out for a service project she volunteered to do.  My mom is the classic non crafty person.  She loves the look and all, but she would just rather pay someone to do it for her.  That is where I come into the picture.  She has committed herself to make a quilt for an oversees humanitarian project and I get to make it for her.  Lucky me. 

I was trying to think of something that would be quick and easy without too much cost associated with it.  So this is what I am working on.  A while back a purchased a boat load some charm packs of  Minick & Simpson's American Primer.  I had great plans for them (if I could only remember what they were).  I had started by making up some disappearing nine patch blocks and put them aside.  You see, I am very good at putting projects barely started aside.  I thought that these would make a great start for my mom's little quilt that I have to make on her behalf.

So far, this is what I have.


I am making up a few more four patches to go around the outside and then I think I will sash it with a Bella Solid.  It is a little more chaotic then I had envisioned in my mind, hopefully who ever receives it will not mind too much.  We shall see.

I have not sat down at my machine in quite some time and it feels good.  I need to spend more time working on all those project that are hiding away.

No comments: