Sunday, August 08, 2010

Weekend Fun and a Finish!

This weekend has been a good one.  Not that anything too exciting has happened.  Friday night I went with K to hockey practice and then had some Chipotle for dinner.  Saturday morning came early - had to split up to get 2 boys to football practice.  Once we were home again everyone pitched in and picked up the house.  With three boys who would rather die then clean, it actually turned out well and we still have three boys.  So all's well that ends well.

Saturday afternoon we headed to the movies and watched "Grown Ups".  I like to walk into this type of movie not expecting too much and then I can walk away thinking how enjoyable it was.  I found "Grown Ups" to be a good little laugh.  I would definitely keep this in the PG-13 category, not too appropriate for boys under that age.  After the movie we headed to dinner.  Since I had not showered and really didn't want to go anywhere that would cause people to stare we headed to Luby's.  The boys like to be able to pick out their own food and I didn't feel like anyone there would care that I looked like an urchin.

Then there is the news that I finished the quilt top for my mom.  The picture really does not do it justice.  It has turned out very cute. (and it really is square, just can't seem to ever get anything to hang straight.)


This week is going to be a busy one.  We have some sort of football event everyday except Sunday along with hockey practice, scouts, an ortho appointment and quilting on the longarm.

No comments: