Tuesday, August 28, 2007

For the Love of Moda



So school started yesterday and now I have my days to myself again. Not that I don't love spending time with my boys, but now I can get back to my own hobbies and such. Starting a Longarm business allows me to purchase at the United Notions warehouse in Dallas. So today was my day for a small road trip. All I can say about this place is that it is a dream come true. Literally 1000's and 1000's of bolts of fabric. And that is only the fabric section. Then there is the notions warehouse connected to the fabric warehouse. Anything you can imagine, they have it. The question is what do you spend your money on....there is just too much! I walked the aisles for 2 hours and still did not see everything. I pretty much stuck with the clearance section because I could get more bang for my buck and let's not forget that my projects are getting on the old side, so they had backings for my quilts in waiting. I picked up a bolt of Nantucket fabric for the backing on my son's Welcome Home quilt. The rest of the fabrics are ones that are my taste and since I am pretty much a scrappy quilter it all matches, right?

1 comment:

Emily R said...

i am excited for all 3 of my kids to be in school so i can roam free in a store... cant say my 1st choice would be a fabric store...
looks fun though!