Monday, October 04, 2010

Design Wall Monday

Checkerboard Pumpkin Tabletopper
I have done what I told myself I was not going to do.  I wanted to finish up the D4P before starting something new.  I think the saying is "promises are made to be broken" - looks like I am doing pretty well with that, wouldn't you say?  All I have left is getting this quilt sandwiched and then hand quilt it up.  I was going to do it on the machine, but I have decided to use a big stitch on the diagonal in the center and add a leaf border with a back stitch  in the borders.

I still am working (very slowly I might add) on my SIL's quilt.  I love the panto that is being used - Plumage by Willow Leaf Studio. 
Christine's Six Patch with Plumage
This week is going to be a busy one. We shall see what I am able to accomplish.  Wish me luck.
 
See what others are up to over at Patchwork Times

10 comments:

Charlene S said...

Luck to you!

Chris said...

Good luck and I will throw in good karma :)

Vicki H. said...

Very pretty. I know the feeling about getting all of it done this week. I feel like I have flown out of the starting gate and I need to go as fast as I can.

scraphappy said...

I love the center section of the pumpkin table topper. Are those 1.5 inch squares? They will look great with the big stitch hand quilting. Fall colors are so fun to work with.

Barb in Mi said...

What a nice fall pattern! And once you get it sandwiched it will be done in no time. Good luck for your to-do list this week!

Diane said...

Well good luck to you, busy weeks are all I seem to be having lately.
I would have started the new one too! It's adorable.

Vivian said...

Such a nice fall quilt deserved to be allowed to interrupt your other projects! It'll be finished in no time and you can go back to your other projects. I say well done!

Quilter Kathy said...

I would love to see how you big stitch this quilt. I am thinking about trying it for the first time.

Mary said...

I love your tabletopper. I looks like you were working with tiny little pieces!

Micki said...

I just love all of the small pieces in your table topper. It is lovely!
I enjoyed reading your blog!
Micki